MoonShadow's World

The wild life of a very beautiful, loving, but rambunctious silver standard poodle. I was born November 21, 2005 in Loma Colorado. I moved to my forever on January 21, 2006 where I am loved and spoiled.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My back injury and parents




When I was a tiny puppy living with my canine mom and dad I was injured. My human mom doesn't know how it happene, but it must have been bad. I held my back like that all the time because it made it hurt less. Perhaps the zebra that lived next to us in the barn kicked me? I was too little to remember. Several of my littermates have problems too. Very sad. We also lived next to a herd of beefalow (half cow, half buffalo) and camels etc. The woman who owned my canine mom and dad just had us to make a proffit. Mom thinks its sad, but just couldn't leave me there. My canine parents were from champions but weren't treated as champions like my canine siblings and I are. Several of my siblings and I get together once in awhile and luckily all of us have better lives now, even if the 1st 8 weeks of our lives will impact us forever. Luckily we were well socialized with animals and people, but mom said she couldn't even take me home before she took me for a bath and a trim because I was so stinky. The photo on top is of my father who lived in a kennel not even big enough for a mini poodle. Mom doesn't know if he ever was alowed to run around the farm, but he certainly wasn't used to being handled. Mom took lots of photos of him, mom and everything else, and that photo is the best one of him. See how they shaved his head? Isn't it odd. You wouldn't have been able to tell the dogs were even poodles if you didn't know alot about poodles in the 1st place. They were actually good quality dogs, came from show poodles etc. but needed alot more love, attention, and better and cleaner living arrangements. The people certainly didn't know a thing about standard poodles and shouldn't have been breeding them. The other photo is of me on the ride home. There wasn't anything illegal with how we pups were brought into the world or how we lived, but mom shure thinks its a shame. She thinks all animals deserve better, and so do I. I'm one happy poodle now though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home