MoonShadow's World

The wild life of a very beautiful, loving, but rambunctious silver standard poodle. I was born November 21, 2005 in Loma Colorado. I moved to my forever on January 21, 2006 where I am loved and spoiled.

Friday, September 29, 2006

The Bees

We got to go for a long walk today and I got to see lots of neat things. We visited my mom's human parents house and saw ALOT of buzzing, flying things in their back yard. Mom told me to leave the Bees alone, but do you think I listened? As soon as she was out of sight I started snapping them up. I love to catch bugs, mom says it's not a lady like thing to do, but who says I want to be a lady? I'll leave that to Josie. I caught and ate several of them before one of them BIT me! It hurt but do you think that means I stopped catching those nasty buggers? No, of course not, what do you take me for, a quitter? I got 2 stings on my lips (one on the inside of my mouth, one on the outside) but that didn't slow me down much. Then something happened that made me leave the bees alone. Those bees got mad and stung me on my eye lid!! Now, that wasn't called for. Mom came outside to check on me and freaked when she say my lips swollen a bit and my left eye swollen shut! She soon figured out what had gotten me when I got sick and those bees came right back up, but because mom doesn't know if I've ever been stung by a bee before and didn't know if I was allergic, and she was worried that they might have scratched my eye, she took me to the vet. I love the vet. They pay so much attention to me, give me treats, and after I go there mom always spoils me rotten. I didn't think I need to go to the vet, but you know how moms are, worry warts. The vet put a neat chemical in my eye and shone a special light on my eye to make sure there weren't any scratches (there weren't) poked and pulled at my lips to make sure there weren't stingers still in it, then they made me wear a VERY irritating thing, an E collar. I hate that thing and keep checking on the edges although mom can't figure out how I'm doing that. I run it into a wall hard untill it bends than grab the edge with my front teeth. I want that thing off now! I have to wear it so I don't scratch at my eye, especially after mom puts some gunky cream in it. You would probably think I will leave those nasty bees alone after all this, but I have a score to settle now. They made it so I have to look like a satellite dish is on my neck so I have to make them PAY! Just you wait bees, just you wait. Your time is coming.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Isabella said…

    Poor Moonshadow! I hope the swelling has gone down and you're beautiful face is back to normal.

    We were having trouble with Blogger a while back and Linda was told to download and use the FireFox browser- and it worked! So now we use FireFox when blogging and adding photos. You can get it here:
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

    It only takes a second to download. We still use IE as our primary browser and only use FireFox when blogging.
    Big Wags-
    Isabella

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We use Firefox for everything, unless a site needs internet explorer.

    Mommy always has Benadryl in her pocket onacuz she is allergic to bees. The vet told her to give me 1/2 a Benadryl if I ever get stung.

    We have 4 bees that hang out in our mailbox. It is funny watching Mommy check to see if they are in there when she gets the mail! She did get stung by one of them a coupla months ago and daddy gave her a car r-i-d-e to the you-man vet for a shot and stuff. (She took 2 Benadryls right when it happened).

    Hope you are okay cutie-kins!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Liberty Doo Dah said…

    A good thing to use on bee stings & ant bites is Apis Mellifica! Mum says it "homeopathic". Not sure what that means, but I stepped in a big ol' fireant mound months ago & dad washed me w/vinegar & water. Afterwards, I got a Apis & felt better all day! Mum keeps those around in case I feel like gettin' in some of those ant piles again. They're mean lil suckers!
    Feel better!
    Liberty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home