MoonShadow's World

The wild life of a very beautiful, loving, but rambunctious silver standard poodle. I was born November 21, 2005 in Loma Colorado. I moved to my forever on January 21, 2006 where I am loved and spoiled.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Tagged plus a new dog sister

My buddy Buster tagged me which means that I have to list 5 things which make a true doggie friend. There are SO many its hard to narrow it down to just five! But here goes...

1. When mom is having a bad or stressfull day I lay my head on her lap and make her worries go away.

2. Even though I hate having my ears plucked (us poodle have to have this done) I sit still and take it like the tough girl I am.

3. I play ball like a maniac. I fall all over myself (literally) trying to get the ball and will even jump over dogs if they get in the way.

4. I clean the dishes 1st so it is easier for mom to wash them. (I clean Dartagnan, my 1yr old human brother too, but sometimes mom doesn't like that, especially when he is asleep.)

5. I make sure mom doesn't miss one of my favorite things in the world, thunderstorms. If it storms while she is asleep I bark with my booming voice till she wakes up to enjoy it.

I have now tagged 5 great dogs. Lucy the Golden Retriever, Poseidon the Siberian Husky , the Cybersibes the Siberian Husky pack , Althea the Siberian Husky, and Skippy the Portuguese Water Dog who has a great yard and beautiful photos of flowers.



I have some news also, not just the info about why I'm great. I have a new dog sister. Her name is Tian-Shi. She is a pekingese rescue who will be staying with us for a while until she is ready to go to her forever home. I heard her talking to Chen Po earlier today and she says she wants to stay with us indefinitely, but I don't know about that. If she was a standard poodle like me that would be great, but I already have to put up with Chen Po, the most arrogant pekingese in the world, and I don't know if I could handle another one. She doesn't seem stuck up yet, infact she is quite timid, but you never know, she could just be pretending and really has a giant attitude like Chen Po. I do feel sorry for her though, she is so scared of EVERYTHING. She isn't afraid of us big poodles, but just about everything else, even grass! Who is afraid of grass? It is one of my many favorite things to nibble on, to roll in, lay one etc. What's not to like?

I got to go for a walk this morning since it was finally NOT raining. I would love to take a walk in the rain or do just about anything in the rain, but mom says no. We walked down to a great little restaurant downtown and ate breakfast. It is the only restaurant in town that lets us canines be on the patio. We can't go inside, which is crazy, but at least they let us be on the patio. Why can't we go into restraunts? Don't they know the floors and the plates would be SO much cleaner if we dogs were allowed inside. They wouldn't even have to waste $ on a vacuum because we would vacuum for them. Oh well, it's their loss. Anyway, the nice waitress even brought me my own batter bowl and dog cookies. I stayed under mom's chair (at least as much of me would fit under it) and was SO good that the lady even brought me my own bowl of ice cream. That is something I usually never get because mom worries it will upset my tummy. Doesn't she know that us silver poodles are made of steel? Even our tummies. I sure showed her because I didn't even get a belly ach. Maybe that means I will get to have ice cream more often... I sure hope so.

Tian-Shi is the strangest looking dog. Chen Po looks strange too, but at least he has more snout that she does. Mom has lots of pekingese books (but even more poodle books) and she says Chen Po's nose is too long according to the breed standard in the books, plus he has an underbite (just a little one) , but she looks like she ran into a wall or something. Mom likes it, but Tian-Shi doesn't even look like a dog, even less than Chen Po does and I thought HE was odd looking. Oh well, she seems nice and doesn't take my toys or anything, so I guess she's alright. She just stays on her bed and watches everything so doesn't bother me, but that could always change. Both Chen Po and Odette like her a lot so I guess she is alright with me.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Isabella said…

    MoonShadow, your little buddies are sure cute. Your Mom is such a great person for taking in and being so good to dogs in need. You should be real proud of your mom.
    Big Wags,
    Isabell

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Sunshade said…

    Hey MoonShadow, you sound like a great doggie friend to me! I read about your early not so happy beginning to life and that sad photo of your dad..... very very heart wrenching indeed.

    It looks like, however you live a great life now and your mama loves you sooo much. You look beautiful wiht your new hair cut!! I love your silver/brown coloring too.

    Love nibbles,
    Miss Sunshade

     

Post a Comment

<< Home