MoonShadow's World

The wild life of a very beautiful, loving, but rambunctious silver standard poodle. I was born November 21, 2005 in Loma Colorado. I moved to my forever on January 21, 2006 where I am loved and spoiled.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Well, my computer is finally up and working (and hopefully it will stay that way). The weather got really cold earlier this month, it even hailed and snowed a bit although non of it really hit the ground before it melted, but now it is pretty warm, around 60 degrees. I don't care what kind of weather we have as long as I get to play outside and sleep in mom's warm bed at night.







We had some excitement here a few weeks ago. My black poodle sister, Aspasia, gave birth to one black and one brown little girl pup. Before they were born mom put a plastic swimming pool in out living room and lined it with newspapers and some old blankets. Aspasia was quite happy there and slept there everytime she took a nap. She even shredded the paper. However, when it was time for her pups to be born she REFUSED to stay in the pool. She decided the COUCH was a much better place to give birth.No matter how many times mom moved her and pleaded with her to have them in the pool Aspasia moved right back to the couch. Mom finally gave up and covered the couch with the old blankets. Afet both the pups were born mom put them in the pool and Aspasia was happy to stay in there with them. Aspasia is a very good mother and takes great care of the pups, but I decided that I should help her out. Every time Aspasia has to go outside to go potty I get in bed with the pups to guard them. I am also very goot at giving them baths. I also like to climb in the puppy bed when Aspasia is in there, and luckily she doesnt mind very much. Mom doesn't like both of us to be in there at the same time because she worries that the pups will get smooshed, but that won't happen. I am very gentle and loving with the pups.The smallest human puppy (who turned 2 this month) decided the pups needed names so started calling the black girl batman and the brown one robin. I don't think he realizes that those are boy names, either that or he just doesn't care. When the pups move to their new homes I'm sure their human family will call them something else, but for now the names batman and robin have stuck.

My other poodle sister, Justice, is the pups full sister. She was also very excited to meet her siblings. She started out chocolate like Robin but has since turned a neat Cafe Lait color. She is only chocolate on her ears, feet and her tail now (and her face when she needs to be trimmed). She is still in the process of changing color (as am I) because we poodles dont stop changing color untill at least 2yrs old.We think Robin will turn as well when she gets older because she has LOTS of white hair on the bottoms of her feet just like Justice did when she was that tiny.
Justice got to go with the humans yesterday to a park. Not a dog park but one they call a playground. She loves to go with them to those parks, although I dont understand why. Justice can only go when there are no other human children there because she likes to go down the slides too. She is going to be tought agility soon, if mom gets extra time. I was going to learn agility as well, but mom is worried that it will be to stressful on my back. There is only one problem with Justice learning agility thoigh. She can't or wont jump! What is that?! All standards are fanaminal jumpers (or so I thought) but she refuses to jump over even the shortest thing. She is an odd duck. Are any of you other dogs afraid or unable to jump like Justice? There doesn't seem to be anything physically wrong and has plenty of oportunitys to learn to jump but just wont. Here is a photo of Justice at the park.

By the way... I'm going to turn ONE on November 21!!!! I wonder what the humans have planned for me!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Burp-day Beautiful! I am so happy to see you again!

    Bussie Kissies
    Buster

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Isabella said…

    Happy birthday! I'm sure glad I am spayed and won't ever have to have puppies. I'd rather spend my time playing and going places. You won't have to have puppies will you?
    Big Wags,
    Isabella

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger MoonShadow and the RavenFeather Poodles and Pekes said…

    Mom got me fixed so i dont have to worry About that post of thing either. this is aspasia'slast litter. mom did all the tests on both the mom and dad before they became parents, she thinks having puppies is a serious thing and doesnt takeit lightly. we have been lucky that all of justice's siblings went to great homes. mom does foster care for dogs from puppymills so knows how terrible it can be for a dog to have babies over and over. besides, its good not having to think about silly boys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home